Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I had a web site designed for our company, there was no contract.

I had a web site designed for our company, there was no contract. They said they would design it for $6000.. when we were billed we were billed for $6,500. I agreed to pay that amount. Then they kept nickle and diming for other little things and they never told us of the additonal charges, so therefore I am not paying it, now they said if I don't pay they are filing a civil lawsuit against us.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
If there was no written contract, then you would have to defend the amount of the oral contract you have against their suit. You should pay them the agreed upon amount and then let them sue you for the difference, since there is an agreed upon amount you are stating. Put on the check, "payment in full for services" and send it to them as you agreed, if they have additional charges, let them sue you and prove there were additional charges agreed upon, which they will have a pretty tough time doing without any written contract.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”