Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

i was wondering, can a department in a nationwide company,

Customer Question

i was wondering, can a department in a nationwide company, change or rewrite a policy to suit them? I am in SC not sure if the labor laws are different.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 7 years ago.
It would depend on the policy. In order to give you an informed answer, I would need more details on what type of policy we are speaking of.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am talking about an attendence policy. The supervisors and management are trying to use the policy to "whitch hunt" in my opinion. if i can i will up load the corp. policy but to be honest i dought i can do it from my home connection.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 7 years ago.
You don't need to do that but I would need to at least know the gist of what the policy was and what it has been changed to.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
well, to be honest, i dont have a copy on my home computer of the "offical" policy nor the one that the department "thinks" they can inforce. i do apolodgize i should have had my stuff together before contacting your group. Now i know, what i need. thank you
Expert:  MDLaw replied 7 years ago.
I don't need the exact wording. If you want to give me the additional info tomorrow, I should be around.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
cool, i tried to pull it up but "it" the network will not let me, get a copy until i am there at the office. I wish i could be more personal, but i understand this site. thank you very much for your attention and responce.

Mark Harrington
Expert:  MDLaw replied 7 years ago.
Not a problem. I'll be on the lookout for your additional info :)