INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
11313492

I am asking what should I do regarding a business contract.

I am asking what should I do regarding a business contract. I am in a business contract with a company that has excersiced the 15 day clause for ending the contract without cause. Three days ago they sent me a letter informing me of their desire to end the contract and requested me to sign it. My legal question is should I sign it now or wait until the 15 days have ended. My company transports non-medical patients for this company and I am afraid that if I sign the contract now they will stop sending us patients for transportation.. I am very much in need of the money for the 15 days as this is the only contract that we have.
Betty
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
The contract may not require you to sign it in which case you do not need need to. In effect the contract is cancelled 15 days from the notice.