TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

what could happen if I sign an exclusive agent contract but

what could happen if I sign an exclusive agent contract but buy a foreclosure through another agent
Category: Business Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Question: “what could happen if I sign an exclusive agent contract but buy a foreclosure through another agent”

Answer: Well, the agent with the contract will be able to successfully sue you for the commission (probably 3% of the sales price). So, you could end up owing the agent several thousand dollars that you'll have to pay out of pocket.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.

If the information that I provided was helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!

.

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be adequately addressed in this setting, and that I am only licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. Accordingly, by continuing in this discussion and/or by “accepting” my answer you acknowledge that (1) we have not formed an attorney-client relationship, (2) my answer is general information only and is not legal advice, and (3) you should not rely on my answer in undertaking any course of action without first consulting with an attorney in person who can review all relevant facts.