JPEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Experience as both in-house and outside counsel in general business and transactional law
14397910

We work for a large company as a contractor. We have done

We work for a large company as a contractor. We have done an excellent job for 4 years. Now they are handing all the work to a company owned by the division head's son in law. Is this legal? Do we have a gripe?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  JPEsq replied 8 years ago.

Generally it is totally legal... but there are some exceptions: public projects, that must be competitively bid, and projects that the Owner requires competive bids in the contract. Other than that, they can use whoever they want as a contractor.

Sorry, I know this is not what you hoped to hear. I try to be honest and just give it to you straight though, rather than just telling you what you want to hear, only to be disappointed later.