Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I am a freelance producer and I just presented the trailer

I am a freelance producer and I just presented the trailer of a TV Reality Concept I have created, to a successful LA Production Company. They loved the trailer and want to pitch the concept to the TV Networks they work with.

they proposed me an agreement but I am not sure of it is fair. Could someone specialized in Entertainment law help me?

Here is the major lines of this agreement:

TERM: they have 12 months to pitch it, with a 6 month-extension agreement
SERVICES: Both the Production Company and myself will be credited as "Executive Producers" if the show is sold
COMPENSATION: I will get 25% and they will get 75% of all income generated broadcast, online, international and wireless...
APPROVALS: Both parties have final approval on creative and financial decisions

What do you thin? Is it a fair compensation for this type of project?
Aurelien Leturgie
That looks to be a typical and standard TV agreement. Because the production company is risking all of the funds, they skew they contract profit towards them.

One option you can ask for is have complete and exclusive creative decision approval, but those are generally only given out to producers who have already had at least one successful hit show under their belts.

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.