Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

my business partner gave a contract to our EX parters to buy

my business partner gave a contract to our EX parters to buy them out. they changed the contract without knowledge to us and we signed it . we would have never signed the contract with this change. is this legal what they did. we are in a bankruptcy process and they have personal guarantess on the loan originally and made us liable for them in the contract change.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 7 years ago.

They cannot change the contract without notifying you that they made the change. However, this will require a lawsuit to prove your position. They will probably claim that they told you of the change before you signed. However, if the contract was modified as you state and can prove it, the contract will be void. They would then have to account to the company for the value of the contract they received and become equity owners of the company as they were prior to the contract.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.