Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

I am registering for an LLC. On the form it has a place for

I am registering for an LLC. On the form it has a place for an Agent's Affidavit. What is an Agent Affidavit and who signs this? It also states something about an registered agent.

Is the form you are referring to the form to first create the LLC, the articles of formation, or is it a registration of the LLC with the state. Also, it would be helpful to know what state in which your are incorporating the LLC.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, I am referring to the form to first create the LLC. I am applying for an LLC in the Louisiana. The title of the form islimited liability companyinitial report.

Every limited liability company must have a registered agent. This is the person who is authorized to accept service of process on the liminted liability company. The person can be one of the members of the limited liabilty company. The Agent's Affidavit is the sworn statement of the registered agent that they are going to be the registered agent for tthe limited liability company.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

What do they mean by registered agent. How do a person become registered. Will I be registered once I apply for the LLC? Can I put my name down as the Agent?Here is a copy of the form.

graphic

I am familiar with the form. A person can be a registered agent for the limited liabiilty company even if they have no relationship to the company other than as registered agent. The registered agent is a person who can be served with a lawsuit against the company. That service is considered the same as if they delivered the complaint to an officer of the company for purposes of detemining when the complaint has to be answered. You can be a registered agent for the LLC.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have one more question and then I will pay and attach a bonus. These forms has no place for social security numbers. How will the state know if these names on these forms are real names. Also what should i put on the line " the duration of this limited liability company is" . Should I put any date...I plan to have this business for life.

These forms do not require social security numbers as they are often available to the public. For duration insert "perpetual".

If you need any more help let me know.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THANK YOU very much
My pleasure. Contact me any time at this site