Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

i would like to know if i incorporate in california can i run

Customer Question

I am starting an internet auction website.
In California there are no laws requiring permits for Auctioneers. In Florida there are.
What I want to know is can I incorporate in California, pay for a regstered agent service through the law firm who files my corporate papers to receive my legal documents, and setup a virtual office to accept my mail and phone calls/faxes but operate from Florida?
It is online only and auctions will take place around the country. I just basically need to know if I am setting myself for other problems in the long run.
Thank you
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 years ago.

Response 1: If you are going to operate your business from Florida, you need to abide by Florida Law requiring permits for auctioneers. Incorporating your business in California does not insulate from this requirement.

Response 2: You are setting yourself up for problems in the long run. If you intend to run your business from Florida, you need to make sure that you abide by Florida laws relating to the business.