Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Attorney
Experience:  25 years practicing law

Advanta Bank Corp has placed my default business account on

Advanta Bank Corp has placed my default business account on my personal credit report. What can I do to get it removed. Business is no longer in operation , due to an accident. Was a trucking operation. Thanks for your response...
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer- Assuming this was a separate corporation and not a proprietorship then the credit report should be corrected since you would have no liability for the debt. You should send a written letter of dispute to the credit bureau and also send a copy of the corporate papers to show that this was a separate entity. That should solve the problem.

If you had a proprietorship and are individual responsible for the debt then you probably cannot get this removed since it is still a personal liability of yours and would reflect directly upon your credit score.

Dave Kennett