FLCORPLAWYER
FLCORPLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  23 Years business & securities law, NY and FL bars. SEC all states.
13539925

I am having a dispute with a business partner regarding bringing

Customer Question

I am having a dispute with a business partner regarding bringing his dog to work.
His dog is a Pit Bull and is scares my clients, but he refuses to leave the dog at home. I am 65% owner in the company and want to know how to use my leverage to set the no dog rule.
We are a 2 million dollar a year business and I can't have my corporate clients scared to come here. please help.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FLCORPLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You own the controlling interest in the company. You set the rules. You elect the board. He complys. If he does not comply you set the punishment. What that is depends on how things are set up. If you have the checkbook he doesn't get a penny until the dog finds a new place to hang out during the day. If you cannot assert yourself in this matter it is literally going to have to become a lawyer fight. I can't believe the stupidity of a person who owns a portion of a two million dollar a year business who doesn't understand the problem with having a pit bull at work. Get the landlord to write the company a letter forbidding the pit bull.