Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

Hi, im appointing some roles within my company and need some

Hi, im appointing some roles within my company and need some questiones answered.... Can the company Chairman also be the CEO... or can the company Secretary also be the CEO... And lastly, what is the best position to hold within a company... ? Thanks

The Company Chairman can also be CEO. The CEO is the chief executive officer of the company and is either the president or can be the Chairman of the Board of Directors.

Normally, a company has a President, a Vice President, a Treasurer and a Secretary. The President is usually the Chief Executive Officer unless the Chairman of the Board is. The Vice President is second in command normally. The Treasurer is responsible for finances and the Secretary is responsible for keeping corporate records.

That is a general overview of the roles of officers.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks a million,
Ju to clarify.... The company Secretaty can not also hold the position on CEO/President... ?

Yes that is correct generally a Secretary cannot also be President/CEO.

I would appreciate you accepting the answers as that is the way I am compensated. Also if you could, would you provide feedback on the response I provided. If you were especially satisfied, you can provide a bonus.

Good luck