Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Im looking to start a small business selling tobacco products.

I'm looking to start a small business selling tobacco products. Such as tobacco water pipes, tobacco glass pipes, tobacco rolling papers, tobacco vaporizers, legal smoking herbs, digital scales, and grinders. I want to make sure all precautions are taken to keep me legal, so I don't have to worry when the cops come visit my store. My location will be Houma, LA. With that in mind my question is. What do I need for this to be a legal business?

Any business selling tobacco must obtain a state tobacco license. The issuing authority is the Louisiana Department of Revenue and Taxation, Office of Alcoholic and Tobacco Beverage Control, Certification Division. You can download the application at this link.

You will also be required to obtain state and local business licenses common to many businesses. You can obtain a customized checklist that includes the local and state licensing agencies that you will need to contact at this link.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you. However, if I have not fully answered your question, please post me back on this thread with a clarification.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your time. I appreciate your answer and I will go with the links your gave me. And again Thank you very much

Thank you very much. Please let me know if I can assist you further.