Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
11688690

I was involved with the A-I LEASING company and for one year

Customer Question

I was involved with the A-I LEASING company and for one year I followed the agreement .When I sent a letter to cancall it I did not get a reply .Now six months after I haved receive a letter that states I own more than three times of the agrrement price .Do I have a legal issue to not paythe requires amount or am I obligated to pay the whole requested amount ?The company right now is being investigated for fraud and this is why I qwanted out
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.
Do you still have the vehicle?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It was not a vehicle that was being leased it was an internet company site .They sent information on the company and a laptop .When I wrote to they to cancelle the agreement I ask how much was the total and what all did I need to send back .But there was no reply .When I tryed several phone calls before that with no answer there .So today I still have the laptop not knowing where to send it back too and I cancelled the payment plan that they were taking out of my checking account .Like I said that since up intill this letter I figured that it would have been just dropped but there is no way I have the money to pay three times that amount to the letter

Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.

Realize that you can't just cancel a lease agreement - that although you gave them notice of cancelling such - your liable for the full lease terms.

Usually, as here - there are stiff penalties for early cancellation of a lease agreement - usually they can demand the full balance of the full lease terms due immediately. But that all depends on the lease and the terms within such.

How long was your lease? What was the start and end dates? Did you at the end of the lease own it (usually a one dollar buy-out is customary for such)?

You only had the laptop for 1 year - correct?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

THe lease was for thrity six months I stopped payment after the thirteen months the total was suppose to be 161.99 however they were pulling out of the checking 181.96

started june 9 ,2007 and there was no ending date listed

the person that was on the phone said that for the extra fifty dollars you were paying for the laptop .the laptop was supposed to be returned after the ageement was final.

There was a default to the agreement that said I was liable for if the payment if not paid and the crimnal action if items were not returned .However I informed the company for a detail list of what to send back with no reply

Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.

OK, do you have a copy of the lease agreement?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.
Can you paste it here?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not set up to scan the document however imight be able to type the infomation in but it will take a while
Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.
I'll wait - I'm interested in the term info. and the default info.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I can not send the information by copying and pasting I have all the information in a email if that would help some way

Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.
I have sent the moderators an email to ask if I can send you my email address. I should be hearing from them soon. Thanks.