INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
11313492

My husband was working as a general dentist for a company,

My husband was working as a general dentist for a company, one day he went to work to find out that the office had been sold and that was his last day, now they are holding the money from the insurances because according to them some patients have gone to the new dentist complaining about some treatments my husband started, however my husband did not have the chance to finish those treatments or to be there to take care of his emergencies and since every dentist has a different critaria, I just think is very easy to know come up with problems not avoid paying us... How should we proceed since they already have not paid a large sum of money from many past treatments at the time claiming that due to mismanagment they were not able to collect the money from the patients insurance, I am just at a lost... really need help as to how to proceed. than you very much
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
Was he paid a salary or a percentage of monies received after insurance was processed?
In what state?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He had at first a guarantee of $600 a day and if the produced more than $1500 he would get 35% that was the agreement, and from that many insurances were just not collected due to mismanagment and they simply told him that he would not be able to get paid due to the fact that they did not collect... At the last 6 months he was just getting 40% and no more guaranteed we are here in Florida.
He should be paid the guaranteed amount. If monies are due based on contingent payments, then those monies need to await to be collected before he can be paid.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Even though it is not fair that he worked and due to mistakes on their part the insurances will never get collected I have already accepted the fact that he will never see the money for those cases, what is bothering me now is that they sold the office and now are claiming that they will deduct from his pending check for the "new" treatments that the new dentist in the office are doing, it is not fair because my husband is not there to agree with what is being done or to take care of the patients himself, he does not agree with the criteria of the new dentist...

Money that is earned and not contingent should be paid. He should not have to cover expenses he not even there for. He should have local employment counsel send a letter demanding such monies and a time frame for payment of the contingent monies. Then sue for such balances.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience: LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER