Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

can a uk citizen be extradited from the uk to the usa for

can a uk citizen be extradited from the uk to the usa for not paying taxes their taxes in the states , they have lived in the states for 20 + years and have paid tax all that time . the problem is there has been a death in family and the relative is looking to come back to the uk .will she be allowed to move back and forth to the usa without the threat of being arrested for not paying taxes
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
If she has been paying taxes all this time in the US, then she should not be delinquent. If she is moving back and forth the US will not be seeking taxes from her if she is not earning money in the US or is not a resident here. Also, they generally do not arrest in the US for taxes unless there is a significant amount owed.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”