Congratulations on your new business.
I will take on your questions as you have presented them.
1. Someone or something will have to own the rights to the software. You or a second entity may license the software to the LLC to market further licensing to customers. The license to the marketing LLC should contain terms for automatic termination of the licensing rights of the marketing LLC upon the occurence of certain events which you can delineate.
2. The operating agreement should set forth the rights and obligations of the member (you) and the manager (you). The employment contract
is a separate agreement between the employee and the LLC.
3. It is a bad idea to have someone working for you for free. That is either a slave (illegal)or volunteer (uncontrolable). Figure out a way to provide some sort of compensation.
4. The only limit is your LLC's ability to pay it. I would discuss the arrangement with your tax preparer to maxamize the tax benefits of the LLC structure.
5. It would be handled on a state by state basis.
Good luck with your new venture I hope it is profitable for you.
If you find this information helpful, please click on the green "ACCEPT" button. Thank you.