I worked as a vendor for a company with a purchase order that

I worked as a vendor for a company with a purchase order that outlined my duties and the amount to be paid. Well I was billing them monthly and they just stopped paying.
when I questioned them they said the work that I did was poor and they were not going to complete payment.
I then went and sent them copies of all of my work which was by no means poor and in fact they almost slandered me in the description.
Questions are:
1. Is the Purchase Order considered a contract.
2. Should I take them to court.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
Were you an employee or independent contractor? was your invoice ever rejected in writing?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Independent Contractor i.e. my own Scorp.   My invoice was never rejected in writing and in fact I was never formally dismissed from this assignment until I questioned when they would pay me.
You should send a further invoice and then sue for the balance due plus court costs.   
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So is the purchase order considered a legal contract?
Yes. Your contract is evidenced by the order and services rendered. Not all contracts are signed documents by both sides.