I paid my tax lawyer $7000.00 as retainers fee to handle an

I paid my tax lawyer $7000.00 as retainers fee to handle an EDD assesment to be about 1099 I paid to contractors the last 3 years, the assesment became final after that, and nothing that I know from my lwayer, eventaully she told me 3 week ago that we have to move into setlement, and I also in January got a call from the EDD person in charge of my case and she told me tha my lawyer did not do filing for any thing, the lawyer tolme that will fax the text of her filign by yesterday, and nothing, what can I do, I am now with injunction of close to 300,000.00, and no action
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
if the lawyer failed to perform or malperformed you can sue for breach of contract and malpractice.   To find counsel to pursue the claim on contingency fee you can check on

Consider also retaining new tax counsel to see if the tax issues can be negotiated and pursued further.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If she filed on time I could have disputed the amount and contacting the contractors we could have proof that they filed their taxes, all that before it came a final assesment, I will be at a loss, and need to get that back from the lawyer,is that achievable?, by the way this is in california
Yes, you should pursue the lawyer on the theories mentioned. Now to avoid paying more in legal fees retain counsel on contingency fee if possible so the lawyer is tied to you, collecting based on amount of recovery. The lawyer should have insurance which should seek to settle the claim here.