lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.

Im in the process of forming an LLC whose purpose will be

Customer Question

I'm in the process of forming an LLC whose purpose will be the hand loading and sale of ammunition. I've requested the forms for the FFL type 6. One of the requirements is that you check state and local zoning laws before submission of the forms. How do you check those? I'm in Pittsburgh, PA.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.

You are going to have to contact your local planning commission.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
In what capacity should one contact their local planning commision? I havn't formed the llc yet because I don't know if it is legal in my location. Therefore I'm not a business owner yet. Who in the planning commision would be able to answer "is this legal?"
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You contact them in the capacity of a person wanting approval to conduct the business you are planning the the location you are planning. They will probalby want specific details about the amount of product you will store, type of storage, etc. You will also probably need approval of the fire marshall and the BATF.