socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I want to apply for my personal licence, i have my bii certificate,

I want to apply for my personal licence, i have my bii certificate, but have had my driving licence revoked for drink driving, i can now re-apply for my driving licence though i dont propose to, how do i stand
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "personal license?" I don't understand the terminology in this context.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have a drink driving conviction, when i apply for my personal licence to sell alcohol in my job will i get it, the drink driving offence is 3yrs old

Ahhh...an alcholic beverage server license!

The answer is controlled by the State jurisdiction where you are employed. Tell me where that is and I'll try to find the regulations.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hampshire England.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i need to know if i can obtain a personal licence in hampshire england if i have a 3yr old drink driving conviction

The Licensing Commission has "discretion" to approve or deny your license. There is no absolute answer to your question. I wish I could give you a definitive answer, but you will simply have to apply and take your chances.

Here is the relevant portion of the Licensing Act:

5.4 The police can oppose an application if an applicant has a relevant unspent conviction or a conviction for a comparable offence in a foreign jurisdiction. If a police objection is received the application will be determined by the Licensing Committee or Sub-Committee at a hearing where all representations relevant to the grant or refusal of the licence, will be taken into consideration. These may include the nature of any offences, the time since their commission and any mitigating circumstances. The applicant may attend the hearing and may be assisted or represented by any person whether or not that person is legally qualified. There will be no need for a hearing if the applicant, Licensing Authority and Chief Officer of Police agree that it is not necessary.

5.5 The Act requires the Licensing Authority to reject an application if it considers it is necessary in the interests of crime prevention to do so. Where there is a police objection, the application will normally be refused unless there are exceptional and compelling reasons not to do so.

Good luck!

socrateaser, Attorney
Experience: Retired (mostly)