socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

We arrived in Hong Kong in the evening & the next morning at

Customer Question

We arrived in Hong Kong in the evening & the next morning at the ferry terminal was convinced to have a look at a holiday package & if we did would receive a prize. We went to the briefing & the holiday club was explained to us, at the time I said we were not interested & would not sign any contract without sleeping on it. The agent then said they had a special deal for people like us & that was for 3 instead of 15 years & for just A$ five thousand. By this stage I was tired & suffering from jet lag & both my wife & myself just wanted to go to the hotel to sleep. We had also just wasted a day of our short stop over in Hong Kong. The upshot is that we signed the contact which has a no out clause and a clause that states we were not put under any pressure to sign. In hind sight this is not true as we were under pressure from the moment we met the agent. We are retired & not really in a position to use a club such as this. Is there anyway we can get out of the contract?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

How did you pay?

Are you U.S. citizens?

Is the club affiliated with any U.S. company?

Were you served alcohol during any part of the presentation or negotiation?

Were you placed in a position of believing that you were not free to leave unless you signed?

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not accept your terms, this should have been explained before I deposited the $40.00. Therfore please credit the $40.00 bac to my credit card.

As you wish...good luck with your case.