Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

should I document things at work on my computer what if i

should I document things at work on my computer? what if i sent my documention to my home address. Is that ok. Dealing with a lot of issues and am not sure how to handle them. I am a manager at an auto dealership.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

Your work computer should not be used for personal reasons unless your employer has consented to this use.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am a manager having issues with employees at work. Some of the issues are sexual harrassment, discrimination. I have been documenting things that have been going on throughtout the day on my work computer. Should I do this on my computer or a notebook. I did already documetn things on my computer and sent it to my home e-mail. I am not sure if this is such a good idea. Please let me kow your thoughts.

Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

If the documentation is work-related, which is what is sounds like, it is likely ok. You could back up the documentation with a hard copy/print out.

However, it may not be a good idea to send things to your home computer because the information could be disseminated to unintended parties.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

can I show you some of the things i wrote? Can you tell me if I am documenting properly? i am new to management and these issues.

Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
So long as you're documenting the time and date of the incident, the parties involved, who appeared to be the aggressor and whether the other person was offended from the action are the post important factors.