Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Attorney
Experience:  Worked in corporation's law department; business formations, formalities, and other business matters
2911261

Hi Jane, Here are my question. Debate if consumers should

Hi Jane,

Here are my question.

Debate if consumers should be entitled to greater protection than commercial parties when they enter into contracts.

Debate if consumers in third-world countries should be entitled to the same protections as those accorded by U.S. law to American consumers when buying goods from American companies.

Henry Budget is a research analyst at Goldman & Silverman, a premier Wall Street investment bank. His area of expertise is the technology industry and one of the companies he covers is Pink Hat Software Inc. Just before Pink Hat was about to hit the market with an IPO in January 2000, Budget issued a research report stating that the company had excellent business prospects and that the IPO would be oversubscribed. He rated it a "Strong Buy." A few days after that Budget exchanged a series of emails with his colleagues at Goldman & Silverman, disparaging Pink Hat and in one of the emails he wrote (before the shares were issued) that "Pink Hat's shares can be used as toilet paper." Joe Pensioner, a former auto worker invested his retirement funds in Pink Hat after reading Budget's report at the then price of $256.25 per share. It is currently trading at $3.75. Joe Pensioner wants to sue Budget and Goldman. Will he succeed? Advance arguments to support your conclusions.

Jane, I will also need another brief are you going to be around next week so that I can send it to you. I want to get it to you with enough time.

If I find out what the brief is going to be on I send it to you as soon as it assigned to me.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 5 years ago.

DearCustomer

I will answer these questions for you today.

I will be online next week.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

Can I get the question answered today, my assignment is due today. Sorry, but I can sit more than an hour at a time, and if I take the medication it put me out for most of the day.

YesCustomer

Just give me an hour to finish.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

That sounds good.

Thank you.

L.

DearCustomer

Here is your answer.

Please click on the link above which will open up a new web page.

On the new web page click on the text that says "click here to begin download". This will open up a Word box. Click on the word "Open" in that box to open the file and read the answer.

SAVE that answer to your PC so that you can access it at any time.

Let me know when you are satisfied with the writing and I will then disable the link on this answer to prevent anyone else from viewing or seeing the response I provide here for you. This can help prevent plagarism.

Jane T (LLC), Attorney
Experience: Worked in corporation's law department; business formations, formalities, and other business matters
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

Thank you so much for your help. I wll accept the answer.

Oh! is there any reference material I can use for the answers?

DearCustomer

This was all from my brain.

Don't forget to click the accept button.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

I just contacted JA because the processor is not accepting my payment to you. I was informed by my credit card company that someone was trying to use my credit card so the sent me a new one and I know it good. I let you know what JA tell me. I want to pay you for your work and I want to resolve the problem with JA and see who is trying to use my credit card.

If I can not resolve the problem today, I will make sure it resolve first thing in the morining please let me know when you receive payment.

Thank you again.

L

DearCustomer

Thank you for checking, yes JA has credited my account with payment.

Please be very careful and protect yourself as much as you can. Too much theft is taking place in the world.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

I glad you got paid. It really worried me that my credit card company would not pay the JA account since I had trouble, with someone trying to use my account.

I try to send the brief I need for next week as soon as I hear from the professor.

Thank you.

L

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

Are you online?

Hi, yes, I am.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

I posted my question, please let me know if you got it.

Thank you.

DearCustomer

I saw it but do not think I can do it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

Is it a matter of time, I do not need it today?

Larry

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

Please help me with it, I really need your help.

Thank you,

Larry

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

Okay, I work on it how I have an other question I need answer, can you get to it tomorrow? before 2 pm texas time?

larry

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

Okay, I work on it however I have an other question I need answer for, can you get to it tomorrow? before 2 pm texas time?

larry

Can you help me with this one so that I can post it?

Jack Squelch is the CEO and 25% stockholder of GEE Inc. He receives an offer to buy the company from a LBO firm called Asset Strippers Inc. He knows that Asset Strippers is interested in selling off the real estate assets of GEE and want to make a quick buck that way. They offer him $35/share as against the prevailing market price of $25. He does not appoint independent consultants to evaluate the bid, and advises the Board of Directors that the offer is a good one and that the company should accept it. The Board acts on this advice and passes a resolution to sell the company to Asset Strippers Inc. Has any violation of the Securities Laws been committed?

Analyzed duties of directors.

Evaluated whether Squelch violated duty of loyalty.

Discussed special obligations of 10% shareholders.

Cited appropriate case law.

Determined that Squelch was liable.

Yes, I will have this up for you.

Sorry about the other one, I hope JA was able to contact you about it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

Do you need me to repost that question regarding case study on Jack ?

Larry

Normally JA does prefer to have separate posts for separate questions.

FYI - I will be offline May 6 to May 13, back on the 14th.

I have your answer and can post it as soon as you post the new question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jane,

Okay, I post the question, I will keep your schedule so that I know when you are online.

Thank you for letting me know your schedule.

Larry

Got it, it is posted.