Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

how liable are we

employ   did not reveal he had hx passing out
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
It looks like some of your question was cut off. Would you mind reentering it and I will see if I can help you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
new employee day 1 falls off back of company truck the driver of the truck who happens to be a family menber of the new employee states he saw employee fall face first very large truck so this is not likely. This happened after 3 hours on duty. Employee hires attorney on day 2 post fall. Medical record shows hx of falling out which we were not aware of. Where is this headed/
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
It sounds like you are all right if he had a history of passing out and didn't reveal it to you. You may want to check your applications and make sure they have a spot on there for information about dangerous conditions or conditions which could cause problems. You have to make sure they are not discriminatory in nature, but if it is a form you should be okay.

He is obviously sue happy but his hidden condition lowers his case's worth.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.