Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty since 1986. Real estate, tax, and other business law questions
10033880

hello. i purchased a laser machine for $16,000. it was delivered

hello. i purchased a laser machine for $16,000. it was delivered to me six months later as a non working machine.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
What is your question?
Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

are you online at this time? how can i online chat with you? thanks.

Hello. Your previous Expert opted out. I don't actually know how to chat, but we can write back and forth this way.

What kind of machine is this? Medical equipment? Photocopy?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It is a medical laser hair removal machine.

you can research the estelux...its a palomar machine.

i was researching online while waiting for you and found that someone else is also filing a complaint at this time, and it seems like...Matt Carns (seller) took off all his listings he had listed on ebay.

I can only help you by offering options. We don't take cases here.

The first option is to send the seller a letter by certified, return receipt mail (keep copies of everything) and demand a refund no later than 5:00 pm on April X, 2009, at which time you will return the machine.

If that doesn't work, one thing you can do is file a consumer protection complaint, for free, with the FTC at http://www.ftc.gov/. You can also file one in Oregon at:

http://www.doj.state.or.us/help/explain_consumer_complaint.shtml and in the state in which the seller does business/lives.

If the above don't work, then you should hire an attorney. You can find Oregon trial attorneys here: http://www.oregontriallawyers.org/

Does that help?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

He has a lawyer.......looks like he is having trouble with a few people.

could i possibly use his lawyer? would he also help me out?

i can't afford a lawyer...is there students that can help me out, or is there lawyers that charge a flat fee?

thanks! i will take a look at your link as well.

Nirbir

Hi - NO!!! You can't use the "other side's" attorney. Of course not!

But you CAN file the consumer protection complaints I suggested, for free. I would do that first myself, even though I'm an attorney. They generally do a good job.

You can send a letter to the defendant's attorney, explaining the situation and demanding a full refund, but keep in mind that the attorney is the "other side" just as much as the defendant is. The attorney is not your friend and not your confidante!

Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience: Atty since 1986. Real estate, tax, and other business law questions