Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

I am having difficulty collecting my final paycheck, from a

Customer Question

I am having difficulty collecting my final paycheck, from a previous Louisiana employer. According to the LA labor laws, I understand they are required to provide this payment no later than 15 days after seperation. The seperation occured on February 15 and as of today, they still will not pay me the money owed, totaling $2400. What should I do, in order to collect my money? Should I file suit and seek the penalties?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
You really have two options, file suit yourself, which may net you more money but will take longer, or file a complaint with the state, which will be faster but likely less money.

I think the agency that controls is called the Louisiana Workforce Commission, http://www.laworks.net/.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.