David Weilbacher, Esq.
David Weilbacher, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Criminal & Civil Litigation, Estate Planning, Probate, and Bankruptcy
16956515

I am not yet ready to start my business, but I would like to

I am not yet ready to start my business, but I would like to register it now as a LLC, get my federal tax ID# XXXXX start to build credit under the LLC. I will be opening a bar, but do not have a location for bar. It may be 1 to 2 years out. Will the state of New Hampshire balk at the fact that I am registering a name for a bar that has a apartment address? Any help you could be would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Gary J. Palys
Category: Business Law
Expert:  David Weilbacher, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
No. Many businesses have a "corporate" or "head quarters" address that is other than the physical address of the business. However, you might find it difficult to build credit for a business that is not in operation. Further, you will find that in the beginning, your personal credit is more important the the business' credit, as most creditors and vendors are going to require that you personally guarantee the obligations of the company.

Good luck on your new endeavor.

You may want to review the information at New Hampshire's Secretary of State's website: http://www.sos.nh.gov/corporate/llcleader.htm

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so proper credit is provided for your Answer. Thank you and have a good day. This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. It is also to give you general information and a general understanding of the law. This website is not intended to give you specific legal advice. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. We attempt to provide quality information, but the law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance.