Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Back on 1997 I was accused of sexual hassment in the work place.

Back on 1997 I was accused of sexual hassment in the work place. The EEOC did an investagation on the sexual harssment charge brought against me. After the investagation they concluded there was no evadience and concluded that sexual harassment never took place. From that time forward Human Resources told me I was never able to manage anyone ever again. Is this a law? That I can never manage again ? Jim
What state did this occur in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
New Mexico, City Santa Fe

It is not the law that you can never manage again because you were accused of an offense. Having been cleared of the charges, you should not now be penalized.

You may be able to bring a discrimination suit against your employer if you can show that you are a member of a group protected from employment discrimination by law. This would include discrimination based upon your sex, race, religion, color, or national origin; because you are over 40; or based upon a physical or mental handicap.