socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Is there someone qualified to answer questions about Massachesetts

Our land and monitary assets are in a Massachusetts Business Trust. It was set up before my father died. After his passing my mother has decided she would like to change the Trustee. Is this possible and what is involved in doing so? Also we have other questions relating to the trust.

Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

Trustee appointments are controlled by the trust instrument language. It's pretty cut and dried. If the document permits your mother to change the trustee than she can. If not, then the only other method would be to show the court that the trustee was in breach of trust/fiduciary and use that as justification for the court's appointmentof a new trustee.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.