Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

how do i make my homeade sugar scrub legal to sell on my w

how do i make my homeade sugar scrub legal to sell on my website?
You have several different things to consider here.

1) You need to trademark your name and any logos you use;

2) You need to patent the formula (if it is patentable);

3) You need to form a corporation to manufacture the product, and potentially a different corporation to distribute the product;

4) You need to have a disclaimer and waiver drafted to cover your specific situation. Do not use one of the forms off of the internet, because they will not be specific enough to your situation;

5) You need a warning andwanring label label drafted to be placed prominently on your product and on multiple places on your website.

These are fairly extensive projects, but you should be able to find a corporate attorney who can do all of these jobs for you, with the exception of the patent. Patent law is a very specialized area of the law, but your corporate attorney can help you find one.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.