Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

HOW DO YOU CALCULATE PRICE PER SQUARE FOOT IF I HAVE 4800

HOW DO YOU CALCULATE PRICE PER SQUARE FOOT ? IF I HAVE 4800 SQ FT AND RENT IS $2500 PER MONTH HOW MUCH IS RENT PER SQ FT?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You divide $2500 by the number of sq. feet you have and would come out with roughly a cost of $0.52 per sq. foot.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I HAVE A 3 STORY BUILDING WITH A BASEMENT. DO I CALCULATE PRICE PER SQ FT ON ALL FLOORS OR JUST ON MAIN (1ST) FLOOR? YOUR ANSWER OF $.52 PER SQ FT WOULD BE CORRECT FOR THE SUM TOTAL OF SQ FT. MY MAIN FLOOR IS 1750 SQ FT.
Well there was no way of me knowing that part. What you would calculate is based upon the actual sq. footage that you are available to use. Also, is this a commercial or residential lease?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

IT'S COMMERCIAL.

In a commercial lease, the rent per sq. foot is calcuated based upon the annual rent, so thus it would be your rent, $2500 x 12 months/4800 sq. ft (if that is the amount of space you have the right to use, if not substitute the right amount and do the math again) which would equal about $6.25 per sq.foot

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.