Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations

Hello, I have a client that bought a car on credit I am the

Customer Question

Hello, I have a client that bought a car on credit I am the lien holder he is 3+ months past due and will not talk to me he is now hiding the car...Do I take this to small claims to get a judgment to be able to make him give me the car? The reason I ask is becasue I know small claims in $2500 he owes 5k+ but I just want the car back at this point what should I do? This is causing great stress on my small biz by the way I have already had to repossess the car once before costing me $750...yea yea I know stupid me
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.

You have the right to repossess the vehicle, resell the vehicle, and pursue him for any deficiency in the amount less than what you are owed from the sale thereof.

You can also charge him the cost of repossession and all other associated charges and costs.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yea but what do I do about him hiding the car can't repossess what I can't find...also I failed to mention he is 3 months past due on a 90day same as cash
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.

You will have to somehow find the vehicle. You can also file theft charges against him - go to the DA's office and file a private criminal complaint against him.

Although you paid to have the vehicle repossessed the last time - he should have paid those repossessions fees before you gave him the vehicle back or you shouldn't have given him the vehicle back.

You can hire a repossession company which looks like it may be your best alternative or try following him around.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much for your help...Yea I was at his house from 12am to 10 am waiting for him to leave for work he took another car that he has on repo...go figure
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello I went to the DA's office and they told me ther isn't a freaking thing they can do...I'm lost now I don't know what to do, I would think this would be a criminal thing if you think about it he is stealing from me...any other advice