Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

My fiance and I opened a business. We are a 2 member LLC. She

My fiance and I opened a business. We are a 2 member LLC. She financed the business, I provided all the expertise, and run the business on a day to day basis. I want to quantify the financial value of my contribution so I can be a equal partner. How and can I do this?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
This is all done through the membership agreement and bylaws. You need to put into the bylaws and membership agreement that each member has equal ownership rights. You really MUST put this in writing and you would state that your contribution is labor for the LLC is equal to her financial investment in the LLC and thus you are equal members entitled to equal distribution from the LLC.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.