acmoler
acmoler, Attorney
Experience:  Juris Doctor Degree, Advanced law degree in Taxation, over 21 years of experience
14422087

iam being sued for a lease from my business. i have about 10

Customer Question

iam being sued for a lease from my business. i have about 10 days to answer, what is the procedure in florida ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  acmoler replied 5 years ago.
Hi rainmain58:

Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to assist you with your question through JustAnswer. You must file an answer to the allegations contained in the lawsuit that was serviced on you. You need to answer the allegations in a paragraph form the same way the allegations were set forth in the complaint. Such as. “1. Allegation in paragraph one are denied.” Etc. The original answer must be mailed back to the clerk’s office on the address of the summons. A copy should be faxed or mailed back to the attorney representing the plaintiff in the lawsuit no later than 20 days from the date you were served with the complaint. I suggest that you personally hand deliver and file the original answer with the clerk’s office within the 20 days from the date it was served on you. Eventually, I suggest that you hire an attorney in your location to represent you. But the foregoing information with keep “the wolves outside your door” temporarily. Don’t put it off, file and mail the answer to the other side earily. I hope this helps with your situation. Please select the green "accept" so that I can get credit for my reply to your question. Also, positive feedback is appreciated. If you have a follow-up question, Just ask. Good luck with your legal issue!

Best Regards,

acmoler

PLEASE NOTE: The responses made here are for information or education purposes only, and are NOT to be considered legal advice and do not form an attorney-client relationship. Only licensed attorneys you hire in your state can provide legal advice.

acmoler, Attorney
Experience: Juris Doctor Degree, Advanced law degree in Taxation, over 21 years of experience
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks
Expert:  acmoler replied 5 years ago.
No problem, glad I could help. If you ever have another legal question you can ask for me. Good luck with the lawsuit.

Best Regards,

acmoler