How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PABizLawyer Your Own Question
PABizLawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience:  JD, 10+ years experience, business owner
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
PABizLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sell an install window coverings, I have a customer that

This answer was rated:

I sell an install window coverings, I have a customer that wiil not pay me . Nothing makes her happy. Her and her husband play me back and forth betweem them on who should deal with me. I have offered to make all changes they desire but they wont respnd to me. They have been using the shades for a month, an I am affraid they will intentionally damage them. I dont want deal with any more. I just want to get paid. Thank you for any advise you can offer me, Joe

At some point Joe, you have to bite the bullet and demand payment.


If they refuse, you will need to sue them or take them to small claims court. A lawyer can help with this, and even do a demand letter for you, before bringing suit. (try to find one)


Of course if they are judgment proof, or file bankruptcy you might be out... Finally, since you have presumably added fixtures to real estate, I would have an attorney file a mechanics lien..



PABizLawyer and 6 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your advise! Can I file a mechanics lien if I am not a liscenced contractor. I only intsall blinds and drapes, so I am not required to have a contractors liscense. After this experience I am now going to get one.Thanks again, Joe