Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am starting my own errand running service and was wondering

I am starting my own errand running service and was wondering if I should get business insurance. My service will be for individuals not companies, those looking for daily help with groceries, picking up dry cleaning, maybe transportation to dr's. appts. etc. I have already increased my auto liability . I will be the only employee and hope to work roughly 10-15 hrs per week
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

The best thing to do is make the business an LLC and get a liability policy for it. This will insulate you from any individual liability. If something happened, only the company assets would be at risk - not your own.

An LLC is not complicated and should not cost much to incorporate. You should contact the Maine Secretary of State to get the appropriate forms and fees.

http://www.maine.gov/sos/