Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

My name isXXXXX and I own a business called K & W Development

My name isXXXXX and I own a business called K & W Development LLC. I feel me and my business are being discriminated against by both PayPal and Ebay. Both of my accounts on either site have been blocked due to what they call suspicious activity in my accounts. I've done nothing wrong and have proven honest business on both sides. A buyer made a bogus complaint about an item I shipped to them, which was proven valid and they considered false. PayPal and Ebay immediately took the buyer's side and is now holding my money, freezing my accounts, banning me from their site etc. I really do believe I'm being mistreated and is considering filing legal action against these companies. Can you give me advice on what to do next?
You will need to wait for a final ruling from paypal and eBay before challenging their ruling in court. These sites are private businesses and can refuse access to anyone they choose as long as it is not based upon age/race/sex/disability and if they are claiming you are committing suspicious activity, then since this is not your age/race/sex/disability, it is a valid reason for banning your activity. You need to submit all of your proof to the companies and await their final decision before pursuing your next course of action. In a similar problem with paypal, I had a client whose funds were frozen for over 90 days, but you need to be persistent with them and pursue your rights.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.