Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I have a court order signed by a district court judge on Dec.

I have a court order signed by a district court judge on Dec. 22, 2008 here in texas. it states that the company that i own with my ex, his brother and sister in law is to buy out my shares for $4500 and I am to sign the stock cert over. what is the time frame for following this court order..none is stated in the order. I am trying to get them to do this asap and they are stalling. They agreed to this amount in Nov. now claiming they don't have money.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Once the judge signed the order it is effective upon the filing and you could seek to enforce it immediately. If the other parties have not complied with the order within 30 days of issuance, then you need to go to court and file a motion to show cause for contempt and a motion to compel and you would be entitled to attorney's fees as well for having to file the motions.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.