N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983

Part 1 select a web site and analyze whether the web site

Part 1: select a web site and analyze whether the web site creator would be subject to jurisdiction.Part 2: Why is personal jurisdiction an isue for those who post websites? What are some reasons that a website owner might be concerned with whether a court is able to obtain 'personal jurisdiction' over them? What is normally required for a court to have personal jurisdiction? When is a court required to use long-arm jurisdiction? Why is long arm jurisdiction an issue for those who create or post web pages?I have to make these answers be 3-5 paragraphs in length total. So far I have tried looking at an article posted by Mr. Wolf intitled "Internet Jurisdiction" found at Could you provide another site for reference to these questions? This is due Tuesday, Jan 6th. is an article about this. So is is a blog entry about this that links to a case called Lovelady. discusses one case, Dow Jones links to articles and sources. advertises a book about this subject.

See also

Long arm jurisdiction is used when a defendant causes an affect in a state even if he did not enter the state.

Hopefully the above articles will give you plenty to work with.