socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I purchased a auto in 2006 while undergoing chemo treatment.

I purchased a auto in 2006 while undergoing chemo treatment. I wanted to buy an auto that my wife would have if something happend to me. I was sick when I went in and wasn't paying attention to the details of the loan and I now have a auto that I owe 21,000 dollars on with a monthly payment of $670.42, and a vehicle worth about 9,000 dollars. I am considering letting the vehicle go back. What reprocussions do I face if I let this vehicle go back. It is financed through citi-financial. I have never missed a payment or been late on a payment. Thank you!

The lender will get a deficiency judgment against you and the try to collect the balance. You may want to consider bankruptcy, depending upon your other financial circumstances.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking "Accept", you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.