Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

gave money to a person to build my business He put up his business

Customer Question

gave money to a person to build my business He put up his business as colateral in a contract he is in breach of contract how do i persue getting his business. he used this money for his personal use He also took money from 10 other people but im the only one with a contract. the federal trade commision shut down his previous business for the same reason
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
If he put up his business as security and you filed the UCC-1 with the secretary of state to record the security interest, then you have primary rights to the business. If not, when you file suit for breach of contract and seeking to foreclose your loan and take his business you would have to do a UCC-1 search with the Secretary of State and the recorder of mortgages to notify all of the other creditors of the business and then you just proceed to sue for breach of contract and demand the money or busihess. You would need an attorney to pursue this.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.