How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an internet business on ebay as well as an off ebay

Resolved Question:

I have an internet business on ebay as well as an off ebay internet business using the same nameCustomercom. I live in new Jersey and started the business at the start of Jan 2008. I am the sole owner of this business. Do I need a trade name certificate and Fein# XXXXX order to run the business as well as file my taxes? I looked at some web sites and it seems that I must file for a Trade Name Certificate in NJ. And, since I never filed for a Fein# XXXXX Trade Name last year will I get in trouble?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.

Yes, you need to get an EIN# XXXXX this is easily done on the internet.


Yes, you will need to register your business because you are not operating under your name but a fictious name.


No, you won't get in trouble - just file for the information now and use that information when filing your taxes. You haven't yet filed taxes for the business so this is reletively easy and no real violations occurred.

Law Pro and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you