Im a private investigator. One of my services is collecting

I'm a private investigator. One of my services is collecting deliquent debts. I have a client that does busines on national scale. That client's business is, however, based in Salt Lake City, Utah. My question is one of determining jurisdiction. If my client contracts with a customer to transport a person from Illinois to Salt Lake and that customer, who resides in Florida, fails to pay the agreed upon fees for that transport, which civil court retains jurisdiction. I plan on serving that debtor with a small claims action.   Thanks...Rob P.I.
Your best way to approach it is to sue where possible where the defendant is located. This will make it easier to serve, get jurisdiction and enforce the judgment.