Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

My photography company paid for ad space on (a

My photography company paid for ad space on (a wedding search engine). I would like to cancel that, but they inform me I am under a 6 month contract. The rep I dealt with on the phone never informed of me this contract and I received no electronics documents confirming this. They have just emailed me the invoice (with their fine print attached) I was supposed to have received two months ago, supposedly. In it, it says by paying for my ad, I was "signlessly" agreeing to 6 months for ad payments and ad space. Do I have the legal right to dispute this? Please help.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
If this was a sale over the phone and you were never informed of the terms and never signed any agreement and were never given any notice as they claim, then you could challenge the agreement in court and would likely be successful if you choose to spend the money to litigate. When agreeing to a contract such as this, you must be notified of and agree to the terms specified and if you can show you were never advised and thus never agreed you would have a case.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.