Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

The New Hampshire Employment Security selected our company

Customer Question

The New Hampshire Employment Security selected our company for a full blown audit to validate wage data, and tax liability. They want copies of 2007 NH Business Enterprise Tax form and NH Business Profit tax form. I have not yet filed. Company dissolved in March of 2008. Can I get an extension?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

You still have to respond even though the company was dissolved. You could be personally liable for the debt that results from the taxes so it is best not to ignore the situation. You can contact the New Hampshire Employment Security and request an extension.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Do I just admit I have not filed yet and ask for an extension

Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

They likely already know that you have not filed yet. If not, they will soon know regardless of what you tell them. However, it is best not to volunteer the information. Consider telling them only if specifically asked.

You can request an extension of the audit itself to arrange for legal or tax representation and to put your paperwork in order.

I hope that this information has helped you.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please ask for FLAandNYLawyer.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit

Bonus and Positive Feedback = job well done.