Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.

I thought I could pay the money back before anyone noticed.

Customer Question

I thought I could pay the money back before anyone noticed. I embezzeled 4000 from a school account for cheerleading. They have not found out yet but will in the next week or so. What is the bail for a first time offense like this?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
The bail varies dramatically on these type of charges but it is likely to be $5,000 as a low to $20,000 as a high. However, if the school is really pushing it could be substantially higher.

My suggestion is to hire a lawyer in that area immediately. he may be able to head things off and make it much easier on you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.