Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I am considering a web site that rates vacation homes and services

Customer Question

I am considering a web site that rates vacation homes and services in my area. Can we rate places that do not give us permission? If the rating is not complimentary are we setting ourselves up for libel? We want the site to be totally objective and unbiased. No business will pay for the rating, good or bad. We will ask prospective customers to pay a small fee if they are satisfied with their pick.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Marc Colen replied 8 years ago.
I can answer this well and easily if you are in CA. Let me know if you like and then I will be most pleased to work for you.

Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Marc
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I am in Florida, not in California, can someone please answer the question from a Florida standpoint? Thank you.