Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.

We are on a contractors license with 4 other family members.

We are on a contractors license with 4 other family members. We are all be sued , actually there are 3 lawsuits that have been filed against us. Only one family member is guilty, but we are all being sued. Is there any way that we can protect ourselves, our home?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
There is no way to protect yourself once a suit has been filed other than being dismissed from the suit. You shoud consider incorporating the business.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.