I entered into a Start Your Own Business (at no cost to you)

I entered into a Start Your Own Business (at no cost to you) they called me. I signed a contact a noncancelable contact not really knowing it. I started trying to get out of the lease and have contacted every Attorney Generals office that Startup Essentials is in. The contract was with A-1 Leasing. I was sent a lap top because as they said I needed because of the software. I have been paying 180.29 monthly and as of this date have paid over 3000.00. I stopped payment last month and just received a letter saying they were taking legal action. What do I do?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
what state is this in? what is the length of the lease? what were you getting in exchange for your payments? did you get it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I Live in Arizona. Startup Essentials, Texas --A-1 Leasing, Michigan

Startup Essential called me April 3, 2007, A-1 Leasing sent Lap top and called on April 3, 2007 according to the lease sent to me that I computer signed . The lease is for 36 months and money started being withdrawed on April 21, 2007. I started trying to get everything cancelled as soon as I received the lease in the mail. Was told they would ruin my credit take me to court and that I'd have to paid all cost etc etc

I was to received training to open a business, everything to startup a business that they had done all the things to get me started in a business AT NO COST to me. I received a notebook with some software I started the questions by Computer, never used the Lap Top they said I had to have or the software that was in the back of the notbook. When I received the lease I started calling the companies and stopped every thing on my part. I was told that I could not return the notebook or the Lap Top. I still have it unused.

You should sue to rescind the lease on the basis of fraud, concealment, misrepresentation and breach of contract.

Report company to the BBB and dept of consumer affairs.

Would be helpful if you have business counsel do so for you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have contacted the BBB in DallasTexas where Startup Essentials was or is from. They contacted the company and they received a letter from and person with only half truths. T wrote down every name of people that I spoke with but still it seems no one could help. As I said before I have also contacted all three states Attorney Generals and they agreed to the possible fraud but........ This 400.oo Lap Top has cost me over 3000.00 and I can't get anyone to help. How do these companies get by with this kind of business?

To hold them accountable, if the AG office wont pursue them, consider hiring counsel on contingency fee basis to sue.